One of my favourite things about the Swedish summer is undoubtedly rhubarb crumble pie. My go-to dessert or fika all summer long. Super simple but so, so good! In Sweden we usually make a crumble without a pie crust, but of course you can use this in a crust as well.
500 g rhubarb stalks
0,75 dl caster sugar
2 dl rolled oats
1,25 dl plain flour
0,5 dl caster sugar
125 g dairy free butter
2 tsp ground cardamom
• Pre-heat the oven to 225 degrees. Butter a round pie dish.
• Use thin rhubarb stalks, if available. If the stalks are thicker, make sure to peel off the outer layer of the stalk. • Slice the stalks and put in the baking tray. Finely dice the apple and spread over the rhubarb.
• Strew sugar evenly over the fruit.
• Melt the butter in a saucepan. When melted, stir in rolled oats, flour, sugar and cardamom.
• Spread the crumble on top of the fruit. Bake in the over for 20-25 minutes, until the fruit is soft and the crumble is golden brown.
• Serve with vegan vanilla ice cream or custard.