This is one of my favourite sweet treats. The word “bread” is obviously a trick to make it sound healthy. It’s not. Especially when you add chocolate. But oh, it’s makes it sooo much better! So maybe it’s not ideal for breakfast, but really any other time of the day. Recipe from foodfolder.se.
4 ripe bananas
1,5 dl plant milk
1 tsp white vinegar
0,5 dl canola oil
4 dl plain flour
0,5 tsp cinnamon
0,5 tsp cardamom
0,5 tsp ginger
1,5 dl brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
75 g dark chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a loaf pan with baking tray paper.
- Mash the bananas in a big bowl and mix with plant milk, vinegar and canola oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, spices, sugar and baking soda.
- Sift the flour mixture into the banana mix and mix until combined.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate and mix with the batter. Save some to sprinkle on top.
- Pour the batter into the pan and sprinkle with some chocolate.
- Bake in the oven for about an hour. Let the bread rest and cool off for at least 30 minutes before cutting it in slices.