It doesn’t get any easier than this. The summer is still holding off this year, so a warm and comforting bowl of soup is just what we need. Use a higher starchy type of potato, the same as for mashing, like King Edward.
1 kg potatoes
2 cloves of garlic
1 small leek
ca 1 l water
2 tsp vegetable stock powder
1,5 dl oat cream
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
0,5 tsp thyme
0,5 tsp curry powder
- Peel the potatoes and cut in pieces. Slice the leek and the garlic.
- Sauté leek and garlic in a little bit of cooking oil in a large pot until soft. Add potatoes and cover with water. Bring to boil. Add vegetable stock.
- Cook under a lid until the potatoes are soft.
- Remove from heat and add oat cream and olive oil. Use a handheld blender and mix until smooth. Add more water if necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the pumpkin seeds in a dry pan for a few minutes.
- Cut the apples in small cubes. Fry in a pan with a bit of oil, curry and thyme.
- Serve the soup with the toppings.
- If there are leftovers, add some extra water when heating it up the next day.